I have to be completely honest with you, I love browsing the digital paper packs on Etsy. I literally spent hours heart-ing my favourite designs and dreaming up ways to use them. They have so many possible uses and they are so pretty.
You may be wondering “just what are digital papers?” and “why would I be excited about how to use them?” Well let me try and explain.
What is Digital Paper?
Digital paper is basically a pattern design file (usually 12”x12” JPEG file). Digital paper was originally created for (digital) scrapbookers to create backgrounds for their digital scrapbook pages. Just like scrapbooking paper packs sold in stores, digital papers are sold in theme packs.
What Can You Do With Digital Paper Files?
Digital papers can be used in both digital form and printed form. They can be used as backgrounds, elements, labels and so much more. They are not restricted to just scrapbooking either.
How Do You Use The Files?
Once you have downloaded your digital paper design file (jpeg), you can open your file in Photoshop / Illustrator (or your preferred photo editing / graphics program).What you do with the file next is up to you, you can add text, photos, draw over the top of them, add filters to them and more.
Want to test out some of the projects listed below? Download my free digital paper to try them out.
Ever since I purchased my first digital paper packs on Etsy I have been hooked on creating my own digital papers and using them in my projects. I have complied a list of many different ways to use them and I thought I would share my list.
- Digital scrapbooking. This is an obvious one but it’s one I have yet to try.
- Travellers Notebook covers. This one I have done and I love this option for digital papers. Just print your design onto some A4 or letter card stock and trim to size.
- Travellers Notebook Dashboards. This one I haven’t tried yet. Similar to the notebook cover once printed and trimmed instead of stapling or stitching to a notebook you laminate the dashboard pieces to create beautiful little dashboards for your planner.
- Planner Divider Pages. For planners who use the ring bound planner styles. Create your own planner page dividers to help break up the planner categories.
Related Post | Easy Way To Create Planner Dividers + Dashboards
- Greeting Cards. Are you into creating greeting cards for friends and family? Print digital paper designs onto your card stock before using your die cutter or paper punch.
- Business Cards. Need a business card for your new online business? Digital paper could help your card stand out. **
- Origami paper. Print your own origami paper! Have a craft day with the kids making origami animals.
- Accent piece for your gallery wall. Setting up the nursery? Use a beautiful pattern as a background in a custom artwork piece with your child's name. Creating a gallery wall in the family room? Print a beautiful pattern to fit with your gallery theme and photos.
- Quote / Inspiration wall art. Open your file in your photo editing program (Photoshop is my favourite) and type out your favourite inspiring quote to hang above your desk.
- DIY Envelopes. Create your own envelopes and send someone you love some happy mail! There are hundreds of tutorials on pinterest to make your own envelopes.
- Personal stationary. While you are making your envelopes why not make stationary to match?
- Recipe cards. How satisfying would it be to have an entire recipe card collection in the one style? You would never run out and you would never waste left over cards because you can simply print the amount you need!
- Custom Digital Wallpaper. Customise your iPhone, smartphone, iPad, laptop or desktop computer with custom wallpaper. Add inspirational quotes to keep you motivated.
- Phone case art. Have you got a clear phone case lying around? Print out your favourite paper and trim it to fit your phone case.
- Bunting/Banner. Cut your printed-paper into triangles and punch two holes in two of the corners thread with string and you are ready to party!
- Happy Birthday Banner. Edit your paper design in Photoshop to spell out Happy Birthday or Congratulations which ever suits your party. Print each letter then cut, punch and string thread to create your banner.
- Gift Tags. Always good to have handy come Christmas time. Or add to a customers order to make it special.
- Invitations. Party people! No need to purchase invites in packs, print the exact number you need.
- Announcement Cards. From cute baby announcements to engagements.
- Paper feathers. Can be used as wall art, baby mobile, gift cards and bookmarks.
- Gift box / favour box. Paper gift boxes make great party / wedding favours.
- Christmas tree ornaments. Create your own tree decorations with Christmas inspired origami and paper tinsel.
- Paper roses. Create a unique bouquet of paper flowers to add colour to your office.
- Confetti. Print a number of colourful digital paper designs then use your hole punch to create your own custom confetti.
- Collage Artwork. Print digital paper to use as collage paper for your next artwork.
- Paper wish stars. Little origami stars you write a wish and fold into the star and keep in a pretty little jar.
- 3D paper succulents. Just like these I found on pinterest.
- Backdrops for portrait photography. Tile the 12"x12" files to create a large enough image to have printed for a photography backdrop. **
- Backdrops for product photography. Create some pretty backgrounds for your next product photo shoot. **
- Wallpaper for miniature doll houses. I love looking at beautiful doll houses on Pinterest. I even have a secret board so I can save my favourite images.
- Bookmarks. Calling all book lovers! You can never have too many bookmarks. And is it just me or can you never find one when you need it?
** Please Note: Most digital paper packs are for personal use only. If you want to use them for commercial purposes check with the storeowner before making a purchase. Some sellers offer a commercial use listing for their products.